Hello and welcome to my website and my “Who am I” page.
My name is Roger Waite and I’m a child of ’69 (born May 3 1969) and I live in Brisbane – the best city in Australia.
My interests are many and varied and include writing, travelling, photography, history (particularly ancient history), spending time with friends, humour, sports of most kinds (my favourites include rugby league, cricket, squash and golf), astronomy, Babylon 5 and Star Trek (long live Kirk and Spock).
Along with those interests I also love learning about the the amazing truths found in the Bible.
I am currently a member of the United Church of God in Brisbane. I originally came into the Worldwide Church of God (WCG) when I was 16 back in 1985. After the WCG turned their back on the teachings that made it distinctly different from mainstream christianity I initially attended the Global Church of God for 5 years (1993-1998) before switching over to the United Church of God due to the heavy handed approach of certain Global ministers.
I have enjoyed my time in United and currently, as a lay member, assist with speaking doing sermonettes and helping with teaching the Young Adults Bible Studies.
Enjoy the many things on my webpage, live long and prosper, peace be with you and may the forces of evil become confused on their way to your house!!!
1. Name as it appears on your birth certificate – Roger Bruce Waite
2. Nickname/s – Rog, Roga
3. Birthday – May 3 (1969)
4. Parents names – Sophie and Geoff (My parents divorced when I was knee-high and I never really knew my father)
5. Siblings – Chris (2 years younger)
6. Pets – Cilla
7. Eye colour – Dark Aqua (blue-green)
8. Hair colour – Brown
9. Favourite colour – Green
10. Birthplace – Brisbane
11. Current Residence – New Farm in Brisbane, Australia
12. Other places that you have lived – Perth (3 months, 1990), Sydney (15 months, 1990-91), Thatcham in the United Kingdom (3 years, 2007-2010 when I previously worked in IT)
13. Occupation – Courier
14. Any particular job that you are aspiring to/working towards – Professional photographer, publishing historical and travel photography books.
15. Favourite food – Mum’s spaghetti and mince
16. Which do you prefer – Coke or Pepsi – Coke
17. Which do you prefer – Star Trek or Star Wars – Star Trek (Long Live Captain Kirk)
18. Places you have travelled to – In Australia: Cairns, Whitsunday Islands, Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, Hobart, Adelaide, Perth. Rest of the World:- L.A., Portland, Jackson Hole, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Salt Lake City, Phoenix, Yosemite, Lake Tahoe, Chicago, Cincinatti, Ohio, New York, Florida, Egypt, Israel, England, Scotland, Wales, France, Switzerland, Italy, Netherlands, Belgium, Athens, Santorini, Bavaria and Austria.
19. Favourite place that you have travelled to – Switzerland (I totally adored the place)
20. Favourite day of the week – Sabbath
21. Favourite adult beverage – Malibu and Coke
22. Favourite sport to watch – Rugby League (Go the Brisbane Broncos and the Queensland Maroons!)
23. Favourite type of ice-cream – Vanilla with chocolate chip
24. What are some of your hobbies or interests – Writing, travelling, photography, history (particularly ancient history), socializing with friends, dancing, humour of most kinds, sports of all kinds (my favourites include rugby league, cricket, squash and golf), astronomy
25. Is there any embarassing about yourself that you can admit here – I actually like the theme to the Love Boat along with plenty of other retro songs
26. What kind of music do you like – Rock/pop music from the 70’s and 80’s, current dance music, modern instrumental & chill-out music.
27. Favourite musicians – Def Leppard, Bee Gees, Abba, Bryan Adams, George Benson, Mike Oldfield, Kylie Minogue, Phil Collins, Bocelli, Wierd Al and plenty of others.
28. Favourite sporting legend – Sir Donald Bradman (World’s greatest cricket player)
29. What time is Bedtime – About 11pm during the week. An hour or two later on weekends.
30. Favourite Sci-Fi – Babylon 5
31. Favourite Bible scripture – Romans 8:21 about our ultimate destiny
32. Favourite book/s in the Bible – Genesis (OT), James & Revelation (NT)